Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Chin injury, skin puncture, painful. Trouble eating and drinking due to numbness. What should I do?

While clearing brush I had a small branch strike directly to my left jaw about 1.5 in from the middle of my chin with the pointed end. It punctured my skin and was pretty painful. Now 24 hours later it s like I just left a dentist and the novacain still hasn t worn off. I have trouble drinking and eating. Is this due to inflamation? What should I do about this?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi..thanks for your query
The difficulties you are having in eating/drinking or talking might definitely be due to the inflammation you have .I hope your dentist has added suitable anti-inflammatory medications to reduce pain and swelling of the is advisable that you take semi-solid food meanwhile and allow 2-3 days for this to subside.
Hope this helps.Take care!
Answered: Sat, 23 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor