Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Children suffering from calcium oxalate stones. What type of diet to follow to reduce it?

Sir, My name is laxmi my both children first my daughter is 10yrs old and son is 4yrs old, are having calcium oxalate stones can I have clear diet table to reduce calcium oxalate stones and calcium itake is necessary for calcium oxalate stones ? and also what type fo citric fruits needed for reducing calcium oxalate stones.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi lakmi,
I appreciate your concern for your children both are having kidney stones,but don't worry,you need to see a paediatric nephrologist.As per the diet management it plays an important role,first i suggest you to increase fluid intake 2to 3 litres/day,you can give coconut water,barley diet you need to restrict dairy products,decrease animal protein,avoid too much vitaminC,avoid vegetables having seeds like tomato,ladyfinger,brinjal,
god bless.
Answered: Mon, 31 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor