Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Child with tubes in ear, has blood coming out of the ear, speech issues, tries to lip read. At what age can one stop the tubes?

i was wondering at what age do you stop ear tuubes. my daughter is 6 years old and her current ent wants to do the third set on the 27th of this month. she had blood coming from the left ear yesterday, took her to see him and he said that he could not see the ear drum because of the blood. she has speech issues, would we be better off with hearing aids . we noticed when we talk to her she looks at your mouth like she is reading lips
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
there can be adenoids

you can get xray stn for adenouids

if you have done hearing tests iof there is sensory neural loss then hearing aid will help

if there is conductive loss you have to treat the blockage only
Answered: Thu, 21 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor