Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Child with stiff leg. Falls frequently. Is physiotherapy the best treatment?

hi , this is sachin ( YYYY@YYYY ). my elder son is 4 yrs 9 months old, weighing 16 kgs only. have a stiff leg(muscles back side of legs) , falls while walking very frequently . ck-mb = 39( 2 yrs back) . cpk - nac 122 (1 month back). under physiotherapy for last one year , but improvement is very little. my physician says will improve with time. another orthopedic surgeon says nothing can be said just pray & continue physiotherapy. what should I do?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi Sachin.

I can understand your concern for your child.your child is having muscular dystrophy,although there is no cure for it but supportive therapy is effective whichh include good nutrition.,physical therapy,occupational therapy,orthotic interventions,and i will advise you to continue physiotherapy..

take care,god bless
Answered: Tue, 1 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor