Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Child with sticky and watery loose motions, reluctant on taking electoral water. Suitable remedy?

my son is 2 and 1/2 yrs.... had fever continuously for 3 days.... now the fever is controlled with the medication but he still has the loose motion... the doctor had given him the pkt of electoral water.... but he is refuses to take it....he gets very sticky and watery loose motion.....plz suggest me some remedy for his loose motion... thanks
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
Your child seems to have gastroenteritis due to contamination.
Tty to give sips of oral rehydration solutions like ORS, coconut wanter, lemon water and dal water.
Probiotic and zinc can be given to decrease loose motions.
Consult your Pediatrician for further specific management like antibiotic if required.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Wed, 6 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor