Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Child with soreness in private parts and groin with burnt looking and bruising skin. What is the cause and remedy?

My five year old daughter has been suffering for a couple of days with her private parts & groin area really sore, the skin even looks as if its been burnt & it looks as if its peeling as if its sunburn!! Afew days before this she also starter with a sore throat & then her tounge had like a white coating on as if it was a bit of thrush & now has got what looks like blisters on it.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  203
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
This is post inflammatory exfoliation of skin probably a result of scarlet fever like illness.
Apply mupirocin ointment along with calamine and aloe vera gel to the local area.Avoid tight pants and diapers.
Consult a dermatologist if the lesions persists
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Answered: Tue, 19 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor