Child with severe cold and nose block treated with Deriphylline injection and Asthanol nebulization. These drugs safe on children? Suggessions?

Hi Doctor,

My sisters so who is 9 months old was suffering from sever cold and nose block. We have taken him to a local hospital and the doctor has injected Deriphyllin and advised nebulization once in every 4 hours with Asthanol. He has been nebulized around 5 times (since yesterdays morning) now and his infection reduced by almost by 90%. We did not find any side effects also. He is playing and drinking milk as usual. But as he is a very small kid, i am scared if the drugs used on him will have any long/short term effect. I doubt the doc has treated him with drugs suitable for adults (but not for infants, neverthless i am not aware of the dosages given though) for immediate results. Please let me know, if deriphyllin can be injected to a 9 month kid and nebulization with Asthanol given.

Thank You so much.
Fri, 17 May 2013