Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Child with runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes. Allergy?

Hi Doctor, my 2 yr old daughter has runny nose , watery eyes and also she s been sneezing since yesterday. we went to a restuarant the night before where there was a old couple severly coughing with congestion even in hot summer. do you think she caught something from them since she also has congestion already or could it be just some allergy? Also what medication can i give her since the children s benadryl and all the other medicine bottles say ask a doctor for children under 6 yrs? thanks
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  274
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for using the HCM.
Your childs symptom suggests either allergic condition or viral infection, if this type of symptoms are recurring again and again, its more suggestive of allergic condition. start some first aid like, warm salt water gargling, steam inhalation, to prevent further bacterial infection and she can be started with safe antihistamics, but dosage depends on her weight , she also needs mild anti inflammatory agents. so consult/call your pediatrician for further management .No need to worry for present condition .
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks get well soon....
Answered: Wed, 1 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor