Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Child with runny nose and temperature. Should i go to doctor?

My 2 yr old daughter has over 101temp on and off for 3 days. In the beginning there was vomiting . She still has diarrhea . She is drinking lots of fluid and is urinating regularly. She hasn t eat a whole lot but she is eating. Coughing. & runny nose too. Should I take her to the ER tonight or should I wait until morning or take her at all?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  142
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query,
your daughter is having gastroenteritis with respiratory infection which is usually viral in nature.
i suggest you to continue paracetamol for fever every 6 hourly till temperature is above 100F,give oral dehydration fluid sip by sip after each loose stool.give warm water,give coconut water,banana.boiled potato.u can also give lactobaccilus sachet for 2 to 3 days,
In case symptoms do not improve take her to pediatrician.
Your daughter will be fine.
God bless
Answered: Tue, 8 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. E Venkata Ramana's  Response
Feb 2013
As your child is having Gastroenteritis, give oral rehydrating solutions to prevent dehydration. Nothing to worry as your child is taking plenty of oral fluids and urine output is adequate. Try ti give soft diet to maintain nutrition. Consult your Pediatrician in the morning and seek proper medical treatment.
Answered: Tue, 8 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor