Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Child with rashes throughout the body, intense below the waist, no fever. What should be done?

Hi Doctor! My son 5 years weighing about 25 Kg leaving in New Delhi, India suddenly has red spread out rashes on his body, though not very itchy. He does not have loss of apitite, no swellings or fever as well. He is quite active as normal. The consentration is more below the waist , on the thighs & legs. Though some bit is also there on the back & on the arms. His face is clear. What do we do? Thanks Edlin
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response
since your child did not have fever so we are suspecting inflammatory etiology
what the possible could be
1. Henoch-Schönlein Purpura
2. idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura
3. urticarial rashes

give more detail of illness of child
edema of hand and feet
lymph nods
abdominal pain
consult to pediatrician near by urgently
Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor