Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Child with pink dot on inside his upper arm. Surrounded by paler pink area. Suggestion?

Hi, My 11 year old son has a small pink dot on the inside of his upper arm . It is surrounded by paler pink area--a ring, but not a darker border. The whole thing is about he size of a nickel, is completely flat, and has been there for about a week and a half. It does not itch , and is not flaking or oozing. It doesn t look like ringworm . No part of it is red, just pink. Doesn t appear to be bothering him at all. Thoughts? Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi ,
Thanks for writing in.
The condition can be purpura ,ecchymosis,tinea corporis,granuloma annulare etc.

A visit to your primary care children specialist or dermatologist will be required for proper diagnosis.
Till the time you can apply a soothing lotion like calamine lotion or aloe vera lotion.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Tue, 15 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor