Child with perforated eardrum has bumps in the ear. Need a hearing test?

My son has a perforated ear drum from a tube that was removed. He has had this hole for 1 year now. Upon checking his ear with my otoscope I noticed the condition of inside the ear has changed. He has some flesh colored small bumps inside the perforated ear drum and small amount of pink color. Color is not alarming but the new bumps that have been there for over a week are. Otherwise he is checked regularly by an ENT and he has never had these bumps until recently. Should be been seen by a doctor or require a hearing test?
Thu, 23 May 2013