Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Child with painful lump on the shoulders. Need immediate care?

My 12 year old son has woken this morning with a painful lump on his spine level with his shoulders. It is approximately 4/5 cm in diameter and is dark in colour, like a bruise. This has grown overnight and is obviously causing him a great deal of pain.I have contacted our GP and they have given me an appt for tomorrow evening (emergency appt!), do I need to take him to our local A & E dept or should we wait to see the Dr tomorrow?
Concerned parent
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concern. It is advisable that you consult the ER and seek their opinion. In the meantime you can give him a mild pain killer like acetaminophen to reduce the pain. I would have loved to guide you but cannot do without examining the child.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor