Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Child with painful bruised bump on the head. Need to get checked?

Child had severe head bump 3 weeks ago ( forehead ) - a lot of bruising and natural swelling occurred afterwards. It is almost healed now but there are 2 slight lumps remaining on forehead which sometimes hurt for no reason. It begins as a sudden sharp pain then remains as an ache for a period of time. It is not debilitating - but is this ok after 3 weeks? The child is 5 years old.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

Bumps on forehead can take some time to subside especially if there is collection of blood. In case they are increasing in size or are red and warm to touch then these are indications that the swelling may be getting infected.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your child an early recovery.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor