Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Child with pain in the knee, jaw and penis. Reddish eyes with nasal discharge. Should I take him to doctor?

My son 3 days ago complained of his jaw, and knees hurting. So far he s thrown up, threw up the Ammox/clav ( Augmentin ) I had him keep some down by taking it slowly with his other meds. He is complaining of (penis pain Feels like a hair in there ) Knee pain , jaw pain, bright red eyes. Tearing up. Gooey nose discharge. The hospital did strep culture. came back neg. But his tonsil is very swollen and pussy) His fever is still up and down. and very prominent. Should I take him to the pediatric center or should I continue my Natural remedies. Sugar water, pedialight, the candy and pops. And warm baths for fever?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

With all the complaints mentioned by you I believe that your son needs to be examined by a doctor so that he can be treated for the problems that he is having. I fail to understand why he is receiving Augmentin without being examined and investigated for the problems. You can continue with paracetamol/acetamenophen and bath to reduce his temperature till you see the doctor.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing an early recovery to your son.


Answered: Thu, 15 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor