Child with mild seizures. EEG showing complex partial seizures. Taking Sodium Valporate. Is she having Epilepsy?

My daughter started having mild, short seizures on the Sunday, approx 4+ a day increasing to 20+ longer more intense seizures by the Friday. They did an EEG , she had two seizures during, which they said were complex partial seizures. They started her on Sodium Valproate and the seizures stopped after 4 days. They think she is probably having a few different kinds of seizures. Can you tell me if this is a normal way to start getting epilepsy? Should I be worried about something else happening inside her? She should be getting an MRI in a week or so. My daughter 2 years 6 months and has never had any other health issue and is quite intelligent for her age. Thanks
Thu, 25 Oct 2012