Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Child with lump under the armpit oozing yellow white pus. Which medicine can be used?

my 16 year old daughter had a lump under armpit. she didn t tell me how it was doing last couple of days. 2 days ago a spot about the size of a pea was brownish color. yesterday morning it turned inot a hole that she said was dry. this morning she now just told me it is a hole about the size of a dime and leaking some yello white puss. Should I go to an urgent care center or wait until tomorrow to see our doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Your daughter is having pyoderma.

It is a bacterial infection.It is red and tender initially,then becomes yellow and finally pus drains out.

You can ask her to apply a topical antiboitic cream like t bact and take oral pain killers.Hot fomentation will also help.

Ask her to use loose shirts.Keep the area dry and clean.Remove underarm hairs Regularly.

You need not to rush to emergency room.

Hope this will help you.Take care.
Answered: Sat, 12 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor