Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Child with irregularities in endothelium layer of the cornea, diagnosed the problem was from birth. Is it possible?

Hi, a weak ago i took my 6 years old son for eye test and the optometrist noticed some irregularities in endothelium layer of the cornea and she doubted corneal dystrophy. She referred my son to ophthalmologist and when he saw my son he told me not to worry about it and it seems to be by birth. I am still a bit worried my question is it possible to have irregularities on cornea by birth.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
It is quite possible to have irregularity on cornea from birth.This happens when the cornea is developing in utero.Since your child's vision is not disturbed you should not worry .And usually a congenital corneal irregularity will not grow in size will remain the same in future too.However if he has difficulty in vision then he must be evaluated again by the ophthalmologist.
Take Care.
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor