Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Child with infected abrasions with a warmness due to ice skating. What should be done?

my 15 year old daughter has an infected abrasion caused by her ice skate---she skates every day and so we wonder if we should stay off it and/or have a peditrician? see her (though hard to get an immediate appointment)...obviously her coaches have had similar sores that have gotten infected---but it is only a little warm to the touch---we ll wrap it tomorrow if we skate...skip the next day...see if it gets better...please advise
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
If there is a infected lesion it has to be treated promptly. She has to stop skating for a while and undergo wound treatment till it heals completely otherwise it can give rise to a chronic ulcer whch can prove to be a bit dangerous.Those sports coaches are dumb individuals with no scientific knowledge. So do not go by their advice.
Answered: Sat, 19 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor