Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Child with high temperature and itchy spots on the hands and ears. Need to go to the doctor?

i have a ten year old boy here with an high tempreture and various small itchy spots, yellow in colour and causing him some discomfort and slight pain, they are on the top and back of his ears and on the back of his hands. yesterday was worse then today although the symptoms are still visible today. what could it be and should i take him to a doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
it look like viral as the spots suggests and his fver is high
viral take 34 week to go even if you give any antibiotics
antibiotics are to prevent infection
so can give zipeax lb 200 m bd
tab allegra 30 mg bd for itch
can apply calamine lotion on the affected area locallyt
meftal sos for fever
give ziprax for 5 days and others for 3 wk
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Balaji Chinnasami's  Response
Hi dear,
Fever is always an indication of infection. Skin lesions need to be visualised directly to come to a diagnosis. Its always better to take him to a doctor to see if it needs antibiotics or any blood investigations to find out the cause.

Take care. Don't worry he will be fine.
Dr. Balaji Chinnasami MD
Assistant Professor - Pediatrics
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor