Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Child with high neutrophil count. Looking for a hematologist

Good afternoon, I am looking for the best Hematologist in the country. My granddaughter, who is almost 4 months old is being treated at Boston Childrens Hospital and I want to make sure that she is getting the best care possible. My son and daughter think they are dealing with the best but I want to be 100% certain. They are so upset that our second granddaughter is sick and that her neutrophils are going up one week and very low this week.Thank-you for your attention to my question. Sincerely,Judy C
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

I appreciate your concern and would have preferred had you mentioned the counts and the report of the peripheral smear. Raised neutrophil counts can represnt the following:
1. Infection - for which an infection specialist is required.
2. Leukemia - for which a hemo-oncologist is required.
As Boston Children Hospital is a world renowned hospital my advice to you would be to discuss the various concerns with the treating doctor who shall accordingly guide you.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your grandaughter an early recovery.


Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor