Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Child with high fever and intense body pain, no improvement with medicines. What can be done?

hi my name is Nancy i writing to you that my son is 11 years old and he been running a fever of 102.3 for almost two days now I ve gave him fever meds but it seems not to work but now he says his whole body hurting he can early walk to the bathroom i ask him if his ears hurt he said no can you please let me know Wat this can be and wat i should do for him Thank you so much...
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hi , From your explanations it looks like of Viral Etiology.Which can Stay for another Day or 2. What you need to Do is to give the child Tyelenol based on weight of child which can be taken at 6 hrs interval and Plenty of Fluids. However ensure that child has No Rashes, Urination problem or Ear Ache . If Fever extends beyond 2 days you need to consult your Doctor to look for any focus of Infection.
Answered: Thu, 19 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shanthi.E's  Response
Hi Nancy,

A fever of 102.3 is definitely high. There may be an underlying infection in him. He may also need a course of antibiotic after locating the focus of infection.

Please take him to the pediatrician, get his complete blood count done and the antibiotics started accordingly.

I wish him speedy recovery.

Answered: Thu, 19 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor