Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Child with fluctuating body temperature. What should be the crocin dosage?

Hello Sir A Very Good Morning !!!! My daughter is completing 4 months on 26th march, yesterday she had 99.5 body temperature after getting bath, which was fluctuating in b/w 98.5 to 99.7 (max), after giving crocin (6 drops) she had slept well last night, today morning her temperature is 96.5 so is it okay or should I give her another dose, or go to doctor Thanks & Regards Geetika
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
This is good that temperature is now 96.5.there is no need to give crocin drops.
Monitor temperature every 6 hourly and if it is more than 99 give crocin drops.
If there is any change in her activity or feeding pattern or she becomes lethargic get her evaluated by pediatrician,

Wishing your baby good health.
God bless..
Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Jay Patel's  Response
Hi Geetika,

Its nice to know that you measure the temperature , but here is my question, is your baby having any
1) cold/flu kind of symptoms ?
2) was she crying or pulling her ears?
3) is she taking feeding normally?
4) is her head feels tight to bend?
5) do you see any rashes?

If answer of question number
1) is "YES" then you do not need to give her medicine if temperature is about 98
2) is " YES" then pulling ears and cry indicates the problem in ear may be infection.
3) is "YES" and do not take feeding the something wrong with her throat / intestine.
4) is "YES" then not able to bend head is the sign of serious brain infection.
5) is "YES" then rash indicates some kind of viral infection like chicken pox , measles .

If you notice any of the question from 2 to 5 as yes Please contact PEDIATRICIAN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Self medication is only good for the question 1 that is for cold/flu that to if temperature is above 98,
any time if its seems child is having difficulty to breath please contact pediatrician.
Hope it helps.
Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor