Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Child with diarrhea. Burping smells sulphur. What is wrong?

All last week my 2 1/2 yr old had diarrhea pretty bad. I made sure that he stayed hydrated and just figured that it was a virus that would run it s course. Now I can hear his stomach just constantly making gurgling, rumbling noises *not hungry noises* and now when he burps it smells like sulphur. What is wrong with him?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  212
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for your query
It just seems that the normal flora i.e the normal good bacteria in your son's stomach have been upset during the episode of diarrhea. I don't think you need to worry too much. It should resolve with time. In the meanwhile you can add food items which have normal good bacteria like curd and curd products. Probiotics available in market also help.
God bless you
Answered: Thu, 17 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor