Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Child with cough, gets fever. How to get rid of it?

Hi, I am Krunal Thakrar, My daughter is 5 years old. She suffers lot from cough problem. Due to cough she get fever again and again. When cough level is very high, fever catches her for 3 days and have to give her medicines(Meftal-P/combiflame) at fever at very 5 to 6 hours till fever last. We have to go to dr. at every 15 days for cough problem. Most time she cant sleep at night due to cough. Can you please help me?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,

as she is having this problem since long, she requires few investigations to confirm the diagnosis.
Go for,
1,Total blood count-TC, DC, ESR, Hemoglobin etc.
2, X-ray chest.
After report we will get some clue regarding her problem and then go for treatment accordingly.
Give her high protein nourishing food.
Avoid giving cold drinks, ice-creams.
ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 7 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor