Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Child with clogged ears due to wax. Tried colloidal silver, peroxide and olive oil. Had German measles and ear infection in the past. Treatment?

Last Christmas, while we were traveling in South Africa, our son developed German Measles and got an ear infection after. The illness passed and he has had no symptoms of any kind since - no fever or any other symptoms and, in fact, that is the only time he has ever been sick in his life. However, for the past year, the ear in question has continued to fill up with what looks like mucous and wax that is yellow to brownish in color and it is so much that it clogs his ear. We have tried to solve this with colloidal silver, peroxide , oregano oil, ozonated olive oil, and more and can t seem to get it to stop in his one ear. He has been checked by a doctor and has no perforation in his ear drum. Any ideas?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
Some times fungal infections(otomycosis) will present with brown to black masses in the ear canal or wax get impacted in external ear canals and causes obstruction.
In this situations impacted wax can be loosened by wax softners, if not came out then it should be removed through syringing by an ENT surgeon or removed under vision.
If otomycosis is there it requires antifungal drops and removal of the mass under direct vision as blind removal may lead to tympanic membrane injury.
So consult ENT surgeon for proper management.
Answered: Thu, 17 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Neonatology Dr. Aarti Gupta's  Response
Thanku for your query,
Well I understand your concern ,I think it is just an impacted wax ,and you have tried with n number of medicines to dissolve it but of no use.well the best answer to this you need to meet ENT surgeon ,who will do syringing and remove the wax .donot worry the wax in ear is quite common in Pediatric age group.
I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction
God bless
Dr Aarti
Answered: Thu, 17 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor