Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Child with bulging veins. Chances of heart problem?

possible cause of large bulging veins both on upper and lower extremities. It looks scary. Patient is male kid 12 years old, 5fT tall and he is quite thin. We have consulted aediatrician befwere asked to have him tested for diabtes. Lab results show eveing rmal. Tht. Im actually worried because Ive read that large bulging veins in kids may actually be due to a heart problem and may probably indicate that problem with the heart s circulation. I want to ask what are the possible causes of large bulging veins in children? Should we consult a pediatric cardiologist for this? And what are the possible symptoms that may show up if its a heart condition? Any tests or medical procedures for diagnosis?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for your query.

Sometimes, thin children have bulging veins, specially on the hands and feet, and this is not a problem. In some cases, though, it may be a vascular insufficiency, that can be caused by many factors, not only cardiovascular conditions. If you are worried, I suggest you see an angiologist. Since you probably won't find one that has experience in pediatrics, a pediatric cardiologist would be of help.

Have a nice day, and good luck.
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor