Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Child with bruised swelling on the shin after an injury. Recovery time?

My son swung on the money bars and ultimately missed a bar resulting in a direct swing shin first into a metal bar. The injury occured aboutn2 weeks ago and he has swelling about the size of a grape with slight bruising. It gets better with ice but he countinues to poke at it and it starts swelling again. Should I be concerned with the swelling 2 weeks later?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Repeated trauma by poking to the same area of previous injury may be the cause of the appearance and persistence of the swelling.

I advise your child to prevent trauma by poking.

You can give an oral analgesic like ibuprofen if there is pain in prescribed dosage.

Consult the doctor for the physical examination of the swelling.

Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor