Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Child with bruised calf muscle. What to do?

my stepson hurt his leg a few weeks ago a kids knees landed right on the muscle and bruised him from the side of his calf to the back and once it healed if he pushes on the muscle it moves on his and it looks like he has a hole on the inner side of his leg he says it doesnt hurt but it definitely isnt right what do i need to do?
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello, it looks like your step son has lesion in his calf muscles. The superficial calf muscle gastronemius is attached to d deeper muscle through a layer of tissue. If this tissue is injured or damaged, it might produce the abnormal motion of the muscle as in your condition. Check the degree of abnormal movement with the opposite normal leg. Give him syrup zincovit to assist in faster healing. Ask him to rest that leg and prevent over exertion. If symptoms persist after a week, it's better to take an MRI and further hospital management though i am sure it won't be necessary. Thanking you and have a nice day.
Answered: Tue, 1 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor