Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Child with bruise on his spine, looks like a bubble. Is it normal?

My 3 year old son has had a bruise on is spine in the middle area for almost a year now last night we gave him a bath and noticed that the bruise has become more like a bubble but also seems hard depending on how he is sitting or laying. It is like the size of a quarter Im not sure if this is normal for kids Im just hoping it is.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  248
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Its difficult to know what it can be without examining it it.The bruise in the area probably has nothing to do with the swelling which you noticed.Since the swelling is hard it could be a dermoid or lipoma .If this has not lead to difficulty in walking or abnormality in gait most probably it is external.However it would be better if his docter could examine it to rule out any surgical issue.
Take Care
Answered: Fri, 15 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor