Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Child with asthma, continuous wheezing and coughing, taking asthalin inhaler, nebulizer. Can I give him Piriton CS?

Hi, my 4 year-old son has asthma . He has been wheezing since yesterday. I have given him asthalin inhaler and also put him on nebulizer (asthalin+budecort). He has been coudhing badly since a few hours. Can I give him 1.25 ml of Piriton CS to supress his cough? Will it adversely affect his asthma? Pls confirm - Nimmi from India ( YYYY@YYYY )
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  289
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
You should continue to nebulize your child with asthalin and budecort. Give him a tablet of montair lc kid. There is no harm in giving Piriton CS as it is for cough but his cough will only subside once his asthma is under control. If required, you may give him a short course of oral steroids like omnacortil 5 ml for 3 to 5 days.
Answered: Mon, 13 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor