Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Child with a painful lump in the armpit. Can fluclozacillin sodium be used for kids?

I am travelling through Abu Dharbi and it is difficult to get to to a doctor, My 12 year old daughter has a small raised painful lump under her armpit. My husband had a similiar infection about two weeks ago and was prescribed 45 fluclozacillin sodium Ca 500mg, two capsules three times daily for 5 days, then reduce to one capsule 3 times daily. Would this be suitable to use for my daughter if I could buy it over the counter at the pharmacy?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response
If the lump is very painfull, U can take a pain killer like ibuprofen.but if she is febrile then its better U consult a doctor and start the treatment,secondly the treatment ur husband received was adult dosage,so check ur Childs weight and then start the medicines according to her weight.brufen U can give 250 mg 2 times daily..
Answered: Thu, 31 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor