Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Child with Petechiae on nose, is there any solution ?

My 5 year old has a petechiae on his nose. I am wondering what to use to get rid of it. If I poke it with a needle and release the blood , will it heal? Will it come back? What are my other options?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  489
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for nice query.     
Nasal petechiae should never be pricked ,as it fall in the dangerous area of face ,in which there is danger of spreading infection to brain . So consult the doctor for proper treatment
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”

Answered: Thu, 25 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Please do not poke it or it will stay as a scar on your child's face. Petechiae are not a good sign, could indicate a bleeding disorder. Kindly show your child to a Dermatologist and get required investigations done first and then appropriate treatment.
Answered: Thu, 25 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor