Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Child was punched in the eye. Having sore eyes. See an opthalmologist?

My 7 year old son got punched directly in the eye by an older boy 5 days ago. The punch was very hard and very direct. It did not turn black and blue which shocked me. Last night he woke up with the flu and now tonight is complaining that his eye is very sore. He is usually very specific and knows his body well. If he says his ear hurts 9 out of 10 times he has an ear infection . Should I be concerned about his eye, do I need to take him to the er or should I schedule to see an eye doctor tomorrow?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Your child has met with blunt injury of eye.Give cold fomentation to eyes and paracetamol 250 mg to him.You can take him to ophthalmologist for same.
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor