Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Child unable to walk, curves in hands, legs. What are treatment options?

My friends son has a lot of health problems. He is Oct 2011 born. He is unable to walk. He has slight curves in his one hand and both the legs. I have heard that there is some sort of treatment in Rajasthan. They have showed him to many doctors. All have advised a sort of surgery which they are very scared of. They have done all types of Ayurveda massage but very little improvement is there. Can you help them?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

Before going for any treatment for the childs deformities, a thorough evaluation is necessary to know the cause for producing the deformities in the limbs.

The best known method to correct deformities in the limb is ILIZAROV PROCEDURE. Infact, the whole construct will be very cumbersome for a child to tolerate.

Consult a pediatric orthopedic surgeon for a detailed workup and management.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor