Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Child taking antibiotics for hand, foot and mouth disease. Is it contageous? Blisters in mouth with fever. Any treatment?

My daughter has hand foot mouth disease and has been taking antibiotics for it since last week. Even though my pediatrician said I probably wouldn t get it, I have it. I developed the blisters in my mouth / throat and have a mild fever. According to everything I ve read online, there isn t anything I can take for this. It says I just have to ride it out. Is that true?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi yes hand foot and mouth disease is contagious only within 72 hours of infection.yes it subsides by its own .it usually effects only children not presents as vesicles to blisters on hands .feet ,legs and the can be treated with just zinc supplementation,antiviral like acyclovir can be used if it is severe enough and is recurrent
Answered: Fri, 27 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor