Child taking Zantec for silent reflux. Negative for lactose intolerance. Any suggestions?

Hello, I have a 7 week old girl, who has silent reflux and also problems getting wind up. Eventually our GP gave us Zantec – 2ml 3 X a day, It helped for 2 weeks but the reflux came back much worse than before – dose was never adjusted for weight gain . We went back to GP, who arranged a Loctose intolerance test, which proved to be negative. 2 days ago GP gave us Losec burb we have been giving her - 10mg once a day using a syringe but we always have small particles left in the bottom of the bowl?? There has been very little change, she never ever settles and is never at peace. We have to sleep holding her up right and sometimes resort to having her propped up in the bad as when she is laid in her basket, she wakes after a few minutes and is very difficult to get to sleep. We have had problem from the second week, we have a wedge shaped mattress which helped for a while and we had problems with Green (very, very) smelly nappies – GP suggested to change her formula which we did – it worked. Do you have any suggestions? This is our first child and we don’t know what normal is supposed to be.
Mon, 4 Mar 2013