Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Child suffering with rash following fever. Rash turned to sores. Can he go back to day care?

Hello my son was sick and running a fever, then he ended up with a rash. I thought it was a fever rash at first but my sons buttocks was really bad that he had open sores. I took him to the ER and the doctor wasn't able to tell me what the rash was exactly. Of course by that night it was irritating my son and hard for him to sleep. I have been use Balmex, he has been doing naked time, and I've been changing his diaper constantly. My concern is should I get a second opinion regarding this rash and should I take him back to daycare with this rash. The Doctor stated to give him 1 day but I'm not sure if that's enough time
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query,

Probably he has developed chicken pox.

It is better to avoid day care till the time the rashes dry up.

Please apply an antibacterial cream on the rashes.

This will prevent secondary bacterial infection.

Also give him an antihistamine syrup.

This will give him some relief.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Thu, 17 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor