Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Child suffering with nephrotic syndrome. Which lab tests should be conducted?

my baby gilr child age 2 yrs and 3 months today we came to know she is having nephrotic syndrome . for this is it neccesry to go for lab test like 1. HIV, 2. HBSAG , 3. VDRL , 4. Mantoux Test , 5. complement c3, 6. s eletrlyte. we had alreday done 1. CBC, 2.ESR, 3.CHolesterol Total, 4.Urinalysis, 5. XRAY Chest, 6.Alanine aminotransferase 7. total protein, 8 albumin + globulin+ A/G ratio
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Some investigations are done to diagnose the nephrotic syndrome and are done to know the secondary causes of nephrotic syndrome.
Some investigations are required before starting the treatment with steroids.
So consult your Pediatrician and discuss the need of investigations and proceed accordingly.
Hope i have answered your query.
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor