Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Child suffering with loose motions, watery stools with foul smell, refuses to take anything other than breast milk. Remedy?

sir, my son is one year and 3mnths old, he is suffering from loose motion since 4 days.The symptoms started since 5 days as vomitting and fever,and has given MOTILIUM oral suspension and PARACETAMOL syrup as per his physcian and it has subsided.He is passing watery stool with foul smell.He is not taking any food other than breastmilk ,and refuses to drink ORS &takng less amont of water. The frequency of loose motion increases as per the intake of breastmilk.,not seen the symptoms of dehydration and he is playing as usual.Please suggest any remedy to stop his Diarrhoea.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
Hello, I think your child is suffering from viral diarrhoea, so it might take long to recover.My sincere advise would be that you must continue with ORS i.e, oral rehydration solution ,you can make it more palatable by adding few drops of lemon,give him plenty of oral fluids ,fruit juices ,coconut water preferably to prevent K+ loss.Try to avoid milk or milk products for few days as it might aggravate.Banana would be very effective. .
Answered: Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor