Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Child suffering with dry cough, intensity increasing by the day, history of pharyngitis. What medicines should be given?

sir my 08 years old daughter is suffering from dry cough for the last 3-4 days and the intensity is increasing day after day. In past also she suffered a lot of it and then the doctor administered the combination of amoxicillin & clavunic acid referring it as pherengitis. Please guide me what medicine this time can be given to her
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
I am sure your child is regularly immunised as per schedule.
This may be the starting of a viral infection or allergy to dust,etc.
If there is no fever just wait and watch.
There is no place for antibiotics (which you have mentioned in your mail )every time the child coughs.This has to be decided by the treating doctor.Take care
Answered: Wed, 3 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor