Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Child suffering with abdominal pain, stool test showed pus cells, semi digestible particles, no relief with medicines. Further treatment?

hi, my name is akash tohangar, from son 7 year old is suffring from abdo pain from last 7/8 month but here are relif only for 10/12 days and after that agin he complain about .before 1 month we had visit st.stephen hospital. There are dr beri has treating him but no much relif he got so far. We hav all ready been digno all test like ultra sound ,chest x-ray ,montes for tb, elisa test for tb but thos were normal,but stool test were infected.there are some pus cells and semi digest. dr. Beri prescribe us -mytrogel and junior lenjol 30 but to day is about month having but no much rellif he has. Pleas tell to us what should we do.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello there,

As the stool test showed pus cells, please follow it up with a stool culture. Once the sensitivity pattern is ready, appropriate antibiotics can be started for the child.

It may take 4 - 5 days before your child starts feeling better.

In order to assess his state, monitor for any episode of fever, abdominal pain or tenderness or any onset of diarrhea or vomiting. this may indicate worsening of symptoms.

In the meantime ensure a good fluid intake for your child.

Take care.
Answered: Sun, 30 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor