Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Child suffering from jaundice. Blood reports normal. Diet to follow, days taken to normalize jaundice?

my son age is 7 years suffering from jaundice blood reports alkaline phosphate 515 U/L ALT/GPT 207 U/L after two week 120 AST/GOT 122 U/L after two week 73 protein total 9.6 g/dL bilirubin total 0.60 mg/dL GLOBULIN 5.0 g/dL bilirubin direct 0.30 mg/dL GAMMA GT 85 what my son to eat during the jauindice to normalised the jauindice and blood reports are ok or not how many days require to normalised the jauindice
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
During jaundice your son should not be given fats and oils at all. Light food which should be semi liquid like rice and lentils boiled, juices, simple soups etc and glucose water. Sugarcane juice is very beneficial.

Blood reports are improving and it may take another two weeks before normalisation.

However you can add LIV 52 herbal tablet ( Ayurveda), which is specific for such liver disorders to reduce the recovery time.
Answered: Mon, 15 Jun 2015
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor