Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Child suffering from constant constipation, stomach ache and fever. Need to go to hospital?<br>

I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who has constipation issues since a baby. However for the last few weeks she has been complaining of stomach aches today she has been in pain all day with stomach ache and fever . She had a bowel movement last night but it has not helped. Should I take her to the hospital to get a scan of her tummy and a blood test done now. Or should I wait?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

If your daughter is having stomach ache and fever then it suggests that she is having a stomach infection. It is advisable to consult your doctor so that appropriate cause of the infection can be ascertained and appropriate management done. The infection can vary from acute gastroenteritis to an infection of one of the organs present in the abdominal cavity.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter an early recovery.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Neonatology Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth's  Response
yes of course with the pain - some investigations are needed.
You take her to the doctor.
At least you can get her some relief from her sufferings.
Good luck
Dr Uma
Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor