Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Child suffering from carpus callosum dysgenesis. Left eye watering, no relief with sac massage. Possibility of normal life in future?

Dear Doctors My Name is Dharmendra Kumar Hel from Patna, Bihar. I have baby of 3 & half yrs. After seeing the CT scan of my baby Doctors says she is suffering from carpus callosum dysgenesis Her physical activities is very poor although her bady structure is like a normal kids. she is not walking, not speaking well. at present her wight is 10.5 kg. she understanding everything. but fearing more when she was in six month suffering from pneumonia (15 days in hospitalized) Her left eye watering liquid like water. this problem acquired after one month of birth. for this problem doctors advice me do sac massage of eye. we r doing this but not achieve good result till date. A/c to doctors last solution for this diseases is operation. Medicine: she is taking Valparin 200mg syrup 2-3ml*2. please suggest me what should I do for my child. Is this possible my child will spent a normal life in future, Please advice me. dharmendra
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  109
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
its dr gupta
as you have told that your baby is suffering from corpus callosum dysgenisis . this dysorder have variable presentation asymptomatic to severe disability . if only there is dysgenesis of corpus callosum this may have normal life but if this is associated with neural cell migration defect thsi will present with mental retardation , seizure , devlopmental delay etc which had sever disabilities . no much could be done for them . control of seizure , phsyiotherapy and rehabilitation should be done for these children.
as for as eye discharge is concern this is nasolacraimal duct hypoplasia or agenesis . this may get open with sac massage . if this failed syringing could also be done by ophthalmologis . if this fail then surgery is last option .

thanks for your query ..
Answered: Fri, 8 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor