Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Child suffering from baby eczema. Temporary relief with California baby lotion. Medication to be used?

hello doctor! this is nithiya. I have a 4 month old daughter and she has baby eczema . I am using california baby lotion for her but it gives her only a temporary cure. however she gets it again. also she cries a lot if i apply it as it gives her a burning sensation. can you please let me know if I can use any other oinment or cream for her ? I have heard about clonate - clobetasol BP but not sure if there is one for babies. Please guide me. awaiting your response.
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thank you for your query.
Your child is suffering from atopic dermatitis. This is type of allergy of the skin. The hydration of the skin should be maintained at all costs. Thsi requires a good quality moisteriser to be applied thrice daily which includes once after bath. The idea is to trap water between the skin and the emollient. Avoid dust, normal soap and powder at all costs. Use baby specific soap and shampoo. Short duration of topical steroids will decrease the lesions, after which the skin should be moist at all times.Usually babies get rid of this disease in their adolescent years. Wishing your child all the best , have a nice day.
Answered: Mon, 17 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor