Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Child suffering from Celebrium Pause by birth. No result with treatments. Any solution?

My son is 7 yrs old by birth he is suffering from CP Celebrium Pause.We under went with several treatments but no result including Physiotherapy still continuing.He cant walk even hands dosent have complete strength.With the help of support Eg:walker,Holding ralings he walks. Can you please suggest us regarding this. Thanks, Rafath.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
The mainstay of the treatment of Cerebral palsy is Physiotherapy and it will help to decrease the stiffening of the muscles.
But the outcome of the physiotherapy to be individualized and it has limitations.
There are associated mental retardation and seizures and these issues to be addressed.
If any contractures present, surgical procedures will help to release them.
By doing the motor function may improve but it wont be like normal persons.
So be in regular follow up with your Pediatricia, neurologist and physiotherapist to advise.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor