Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Child suffered ischemic stroke, unable to move and fed by tube. Improvement with transfusion, physic therapy. Which other means can I adopt to ensure speedy recovery?

My 3 year old daughter who is a sicklier suffered an ishemic stroke a month ago. It was noticed out of the window period of 3hours. The diagnosis was sub acute infarct of the left frontal parietal region with foci of haemorragic transformation and encephalomalacia. Her right frontal parietal had chronic infarct with areas showing encephalomalicic changes. she cannot move and has to be fed by tube. she has fairly improved as she was transfused and put on treatment. she has physic therapy session though we have not started speech therapy . Advice on how best i can help on her path to recovery. Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
welcome to Health Care Magic Forum
You are in the right track. Your child needs all that along with lots of exercises. Its a slow course and should improve but will take a long time. Continue the same treatment and therapy and hope for the best. Take Care
Answered: Sun, 1 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor