Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Child shows non co-ordination between limbs, eyes, speech problems, hyperactivity, history of seizure during infancy. Treatment?

Dear Sir, This is Harvinder Singh from Barara. I am having a 4 year old son who has a history of seizures since he was 6 months old. Now he has some problems like non coordination of limbs and eyes, speech problems, hyperactivity etc. Now he is being treated by Dr. Jatinder Singh Goraya from DMC, LDH. Dr. Goraya introduced us to the concept of occupational therapy . Now may i request ur goodself to give me an appointment so that my son is benefited by ur valuable opinion. Thanking u in anticipation. Harvinder Singh
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.

The seizures in your child can be controlled with medications such as sodium valproate, carbamazepine, or levetiracetam.

Hyperactivity can also be controlled with medications such as methylphenidate.

For co-ordination and balance problems, he would benefit from physiotherapy and occupational therapy.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY:

Answered: Sun, 15 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor