Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Child showing no interest in interacting with kids. Remain quite and reserved. How to change his behavior?

hi, my son is 3 1/2 yr old..he is my only kid..d problem i am facing is he does not show interest in interacting with other kids of any age..even in school he keeps quite n stays alone..he is very shy and if my husband or i are not around then he stays very quite and reserved..doesnt make eye contact vit people..and even if he is frndz vit a few kids, he plays for a few minutes vit them and then goes off 2 play by himself..on the other hand if either of us parents r vit him, then he chatters non stop n is ok vit strangers around...he knows everythng n can identify everythng around him, but he doesnt make conversation..vat ever v say he l repeat it.for eg - if i say say thank you , then he also repeats say thank u ..i dont know how 2 get him 2 make conversation vit people..plz help.. thank you..
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response
It is not very easy to draw a line between normal and abnormal. I hope there is no problem with his vision, hearing or development. You can encourage him to interact with close relatives or friends who see him frequently preferably in your presence. Make him listen to soothing classical music. If these measures fail he may need to be evaluated further.
Answered: Sat, 5 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor